Every woman wants to look great, if it is not for herself than maybe it's for her husband/boyfriend. With so many products on the market it is hard to choose what is best for your bag and what is worse for your purse! How many of you walk into Selfridges beauty department and get blown away, with all the luxury goodies being promoted & all the eye-catching advertising? I personally get a head rush, I almost feel that I am in heaven. But where do you go to first? I suggest you do your research and read reviews on products you may be interested in before you buy.
Everyones skin is different, just like everyone lives different lives. And all the different factors you experience day to day has an affect on your skin, like it does on your health. Examples are, stress, climate & diet.
- If you have oily skin, it does not necessarily mean that you need to use a cream for oily skin. Many people with oily complexions often have very dry skin, which brings out the oil. So if you are using a cream for oily skin and find its not working, try switching to one for dry skin.
- Invest in a non comedogenic concealer or foundation to use on blemishes or redness on the skin, non comedogenic means that it will not block pores.
- If you are prone to breakouts try to avoid using a night cream, as this might be too rich for the skin resulting in further breakouts.
- In the past year i have switched from eating white rice, pasta and bread to wholegrain and have noticed an incredible difference in my appearance. My skin has a glow to it and it is much clearer. Changing to wholegrain also helps if you suffer from a bloated stomach. I remember the days i would have to undo the top button from my jeans after i had a meal, well i have not done that in a long time.
- Try replacing cows milk with goats milk. I know many friends that have found out they are allergic to dairy (mainly cows milk) and whose complexion has cleared ever since they have stopped drinking it. I don't drinks cows milk anymore and try to avoid all things which contain it, pizza, cheese, some dairy milk chocolate and biscuits to name a few. I still eat all of these things but i have replaced it with goats milk and cheese instead. After 10 years of trying so many products this is the top thing that has kept me looking healthy.
- I don't drink fizzy drinks or soft drinks, they contain way too much sugar. I just drink water, i know it sounds odd but you get used to it after a while.
Beauty tip for keeping a clear complexion:
- Make sure you always wash your face before going to bed, especially if you are wearing makeup. I know this is not practical if you have just got home from a night out, so keep some facial wipes, or baby wipes near your bed, and that way you can remove your makeup if you are too tired to wash it off. I prefer using baby wipes as they are gentler on the skin.
- Go through your makeup bag. Many cosmetics have an expiry date, throw away any old makeup you have.
- Do not keep mascaras for longer than 6 months, it's really unhygienic and can cause eye infections.
- Don't share your makeup with friends, i know this can be difficult, especially if your best friend wants to use your lipstick and its hard to say no because you don't want to offend her, so just say you read it on my blog and you don't want to take chances, that way you won't sound rude at all.
- Wash makeup brushes regularly. Mac cosmetics do a good cleaning liquid for brushes.
Keeping stressed skin under control:
- Firstly most people believe in beauty sleep, i don't. Sleep is essential for health not for beauty! When i have had a lot of studying to do i have done 'all nighters' and this has not affected my complexion in any way.
- Don't over do it with toners etc etc. Keep to a simple face wash and day cream. Skin is delicate you don't want to over expose it to chemicals. I currently use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Ceanser for normal to dry skin. This product is amazing! I use Lancome hydra zen as my daily moisturiser, this helps my skin stay fresh, gets rid of redness and just calms the skin really. It's also a great base for makeup.
- My big beauty secret is SUDOCREM! This is a miracle cream, i can't live without it, its amazing in clearing the skin over night. It's usually used as a nappy rash cream for babies, but it is in fact an antiseptic healing cream. I use it every night before going to bed and i wake up with a clear face. You can also use it on other parts of your body. The good thing about this is it's relatively cheap and you can buy it in local superstores, boots and pharmacies. Only apply a thin layer though because its quite thick, and you only need a little bit.
I hope you have found this useful and if you have any questions just ask me. :)